Deputy Safety Adviser Job in Kenya
- INSO KENYA BackgroundINSO is a global charity dedicated exclusively to issues of humanitarian safety and to the operation of NGO Safety Offices (NSO) in volatile or insecure contexts. INSO KENYA aims to support security awareness and security management capabilities amongst NGOs within Kenya.
We are now seeking an experienced individual to join our team as a Deputy Safety Adviser (DSA C) who will be based out of the INSO office located in Nairobi.
- Purpose of positionThe DSA C Will Deputize The Safety Advisor (SA) For Most Of His Tasks
- Drafting of high quality security reports
- Supporting the delivering of NGO request services
- Supporting the SA in the management of Field Monitors
- Reports to the Safety Advisor
- Key responsibilities:The list of responsibilities is not exhaustive: other tasks may be requested to adapt operational needs.
Ø Provide NGOs with credible information and contextual analysis of the local and regional security situation.
- Liaise closely with NGOs, the UN
- Contribute to writing comprehensive bi-weekly and quarterly reports on the provincial and regional security situation, as it relates to NGOs
- Pro-actively analyse the context, suggest and draft daily incident reports, threat warnings
- Facilitate bi-weekly NGO security meetings in his/her region of responsibility on request and in link with the SA
- Conduct regular field trip to develop local expertise of the context
Ø Assist in the delivery of other request INSO Services
- Draft Area Brief / Travel Advisory on request of NGOs and in close collaboration with the SA
- Perform security site review on request of NGOs and close collaboration with the SA
- Review NGO security plans on request of NGOs and close collaboration with the SA
- Respond pro-actively to any relevant request of NGOs in terms of safety and security
- Support requesting NGOs in times of crisis on request, in close collaboration with the SA
How to Apply
Interested persons are requested to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 17:00GMT on the 30th of January 2017 and ensure to reference ‘Deputy Safety Adviser Central’ in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
· Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO (2 page maximum).
· Up to date CV (5 page maximum).
· One writing sample of analytical previously undertaken
Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.
The post Deputy Safety Adviser Job in Kenya appeared first on Fixus Jobs|Kenya,Uganda,Tanzania,Rwanda,NGO,United Nations.