Logistic Assistant Vacancy at Terre des hommes
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference the lives of children in need.
Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors and is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistic Assistant
General Description of the Position
- This position is a Nigerian national position. Position is based in Maiduguri with regular travel within the regions of Tdh operations in Nigeria.
- The Logistics Assistant will provide a comprehensive and coherent administrative support for the Tdh logistics operations in Maiduguri and other field sites in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the position is to implement logistic activities regarding the projects and the base(s) of TDH, more specifically:
- Management of the fleet of vehicles / equipment
- Stock Management
- Procurement – supply
- Management of office and guest houses functioning
- Management of the logistic team (drivers, watchmen)
Fleet management and Transport:
- Organize weekly vehicles movements and planification in cooperation with the program team /activities and the Logistic manager
- Ensure the respect of the vehicle management procedure: log books, use of the vehicles, maintenance, cleaning…etc
- Supervise and follow the global maintenance of the vehicles in link with the drivers, and the rental agency
- Ensure all vehicles legal documentation and procedures are updated
- Ensure the vehicle follow-up every month, (fuel and voucher follow up), synthesis of cost per km, synthesis of maintenance cost, synthesis of total cost…) according TDH’ procedure
- Support base drivers team in their daily activities and tasks when necessary.
- Participate in the continuous general training of drivers and regularly test their knowledge
- Ensure that problems are reported to the rental company as soon as possible.
- Fill all the documents needed for transportation of goods (Packing list and Waybill)
- Identify suppliers, and collect quotations according to Line manager
- Ensure that all the needed information is filled on quotations
- Ensure a proper filing system of all procurement files and documents and constantly update the follow up tool
- Negotiate the price, delivery time and others terms with suppliers
- Ensure the quality of the purchase and the delivery deadlines
- Ensure the collected documents are compliant with the procedures: supplier stamp, signature…
- Provide invoices to the administration according to the rules of the organization
- Ensure a good communication with the program managers at all the level of the purchase process
- Report any problem with supplier to the Logistic manager
- Ensure the supply all recurrent items (Office supplies, cleaning items, drinking water, etc…)
- Identify with the Logistic manager the new suppliers and make a permanent research of new sources of supply on the benefit of the organization.
- Organize the flow of merchandise
- Take delivery of the items and check the quality & quantity
- Follow Tdh’s stock management procedures; Put in place and update/use all relevant tools (stock cards, stock list, delivery notes, etc)
- Do regular inventories (monthly) for the different items stored within the office and activity bases (projects and logistic items), and ensure it is spread to the programs.
- Crosscheck regularly the data between deliveries from stock and programs data (donation certificates) in close relation with the program manager.
- Ensure that all items are stored in good condition and that any missing or damaged goods are reported immediately to the line manager.
Assets and IT:
- Ensure all Tdh assets are manage according Tdh procedures
- Ensure tracking and recording in the assets follow-up
- Ensure the maintenance, proper use and utilization of Tdh equipment and devices (training to the user…)
- Ensure the management of the server
- Organize the planning and work of the team his/her supervising
- Provide the line manager a monthly report and forecast (Purchase follow up, Stock, Fleet data base)
- Immediate feedback in case of incident in and around our working area to the line Manager.
- Agree to comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and promote Child Safeguarding policy.
- Report serious cases of abuse on children that she/he would be aware of in Tdh’s intervention locations. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Adhere to and enforce current administrative and logistical regulations and procedures
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Formal education/training in logistics desired – can be compensated with experience (at discretion of evaluation team)
- Significant previous experience with similar tasks, particularly in procurement
- Advance IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet, Server, LINUX)
- Experience in team management
- Previous experience with an NGO is desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful environment
- Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Desirable: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- To have a valid driving license is an asset.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), Hausa and Kanuri
Application Closing Date
13th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit copies of updated CV, Letter of Motivation and National ID card and 3 reference contacts to:firstname.lastname@example.org Please write “Your Name and position apply on the subject line of your mail.
- The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be conducted.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.