Graduate Hygiene Promoter needed at Terre des hommes
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference the lives of children in need.
Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors and is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygiene Promoter
Duration: 3 Months contract
General description of the position
- The Hygiene Promoter will be responsible for the effective technical implementation at a daily basis in Rann of all project activities aiming to promote hygiene&promotion, and distribute NFIs, by means of direct supervision and management of the distribution of WASH and dignity kits, replenishment of hygiene kits and AWD response kits, and hygiene promotion to IDPs and returnees in Rann, according to project standards, protocols, and timelines.
- This includes regular supervision and monitoring of all hygiene and promotion activities by the community-based hygiene promoters in Rann.
- The position is to be based in Rann (100%).
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Implements and monitors all hygiene and promotion activities in Rann, under the supervision and in cooperation with the Hygiene Promotion Supervisor, with a focus on hygiene&promotion, and distribute NFIs, by means of direct supervision and management of the distribution of WASH and dignity kits, replenishment of hygiene kits and AWD response kits, and hygiene promotion to IDPs and returnees in Rann, in accordance with multiple objectives, activities and targets outlined within current donor proposals and in line with projects’ budgets, impact to beneficiaries and hygiene&promotion standards.
- Ensures that activities are appropriately monitored and evaluated and contributes to amendments to the hygiene&promotion strategy, under the supervision and in cooperation with the Hygiene Promotion Supervisor.
- Implements, supervises and monitors regular assessments of the hygiene&promotion activities with the Kobo toolbox tools and activities outcomes according to the M&E plan.
Project Strategy and planning:
- Under the supervision and in cooperation with the Hygiene Promotion Supervisor, contributes to the design and implements all technical and management aspects of the hygiene&promotion activities for improved support to beneficiaries and contribute actively in its monitoring, evaluation and revision.
- Participates in know-how capitalization, lessons learn and handover report.
- Expertise on hygiene promotion, with a special focus on community-based participatory promotion of hygiene (hand washing at critical times, water safety chain and safe storage and handling, environmental sanitation and solid waste management, cleanliness around water point vicinity, water borne diseases, gender-based violence, menstrual hygiene management), and distribution of NFIs to IDPs and returnees.
- Contributes to the preparation of distribution lists, distribution strategies, Bills of Quantities (BOQs), hygiene promotion outreach strategies, and the monitoring of these activities, in coordination with the Hygiene Promotion Supervisor.
- Contributes to Tender procedures, evaluations, analysis of received bids for hygiene promotion activities, under the supervision of the Water Quality Supervisor.
- Provides technical information to prepare and write Contracts for hygiene&promotion activities, under the supervision of the Hygiene Promotion Supervisor.
- Ensures that Tdh and local contract agreement clauses are respected.
- Monitors and inspect progress of hygiene&promotion activities, by making daily follow up visits, and make sure that hygiene&promotion activities are performed within the agreed deadlines and technical standards.
- Checks delivery of materials, and make sure that works are done according to technical specifications and are corresponding in terms of hygiene&promotion standards.
- Maintains proper records to ensure quality compliance to hygiene&promotion activities.
- Certifies all payments after verification of work performed at sites in coordination with the Hygiene Promotion Supervisor.
- Attends site meetings at regular intervals, and contributes to the preparation of minutes of meetings.
- Contributes to the identification of works that might eventually incur extra costs, on time (variations to the contracts, time and cost, if any, shall be verified and appropriate decision should be taken with the Tdh team).
- Proposes recommendations related to improvement of methods and quality of works.
- Liaises with all relevant institutions to guarantee an effective progress and conclusion of all construction in all sites including the defects liability period.
- Implements in cooperation with the Hygiene Promotion Supervisor, any capacity building support to the WASH team, relevant local authorities, and community workers and community groups, as required by the project, particularly with the Local Authority.
- Provides technical support to WASH team members as needed.
- Ensures that weekly and monthly data analysis reports are submitted.
- Upon completion of the assignment, submits handover report.
- Provides compiled meeting minutes reports to the Hygiene Promotion Supervisor.
- Contributes to donor reporting requirements.
- Provides data to the database tools for the M&E of the hygiene&promotion activities.
- Ensures correct data protection procedures, and regular and effective data collection and reporting.
- Complies with Tdh Security Regulations.
- Reports any security/safety incident and/or risk to his supervisor.
- Informs WASH staff on security rules defined.
- Undertakes all other duties that may be determined by the Hygiene Promotion Supervisor, WASH PM or the Country representative, which are compatible with the job.
- Maintains and ensures a culture of strict confidentiality inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
- Degree relevant to public health and hygiene promotion.
- Minimum 1 years expertise with an international NGO on hygiene promotion, with a special focus on community-based participatory promotion of hygiene (hand washing at critical times, water safety chain and safe storage and handling, environmental sanitation and solid waste management, cleanliness around water point vicinity, water borne diseases), and distribution of NFIs to IDPs and returnees.
- Advanced computer skills.
- English, Hausa, Kanuri, Shwua Arabic.
Application Closing Date
18th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit copies of updated CV, Letter of Motivation and National ID card and 3 reference contacts to:firstname.lastname@example.org Please write “Your Name and position apply on the subject line of your mail.
- The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be conducted.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.